WHO WE ARE
Oklahoma City Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women
We are the Board that governs the Oklahoma City and South Region Council of Catholic Women. We are comprised of women from both regions who work together to bring the programs and projects from the National Council of Catholic Women to the affiliate parishes.
MISSION STATEMENT FOR NCCW
The National Council of Catholic Women acts through its members to support, empower and educate all Catholic women inspirituality, leadership and service. NCCW programs respond with Gospel values to the needs of the Church and society in the modern world.
* A voice for American Catholic women today.
* Transforms the world through prayer and action.
* Unites more then 3,000 affiliated catholic women’s groups, and nearly 3,000 individual Catholic women in the United States.
* Supports social action through Gospel values.
* Trains Catholic women to become leaders at the intersection of Church and society.
* Provides a forum for Catholic women to speak and act on matters of mutual interest.
* Represents U.S. Catholic women in the national and international arenas.
WHO WE ARE:
The National Council of Catholic Women consists of more then 3,000 affilaited Catholic women’s organizations in parishes and dioceses throughout the U.S., representing hundreds of thousands of Catholic women, and alsomt 3,000 individual Catholic women.
We are Catholic women’s groups (called affiliates) at the parish,deanery/vicariate and Arch/diocesan Council levels.
We are Catholic women who hold Individual Membership with NCCW. NCCW is a member of the World Union of Catholic Women’s Organizations(WUCWO).
We are recognized bythe United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB). We are active participants in partnerships with other catholic groups.