THE NATIONAL COUNCIL OF CATHOLIC WOMEN
The National Council of Catholic Women consists of more than 3,000 affiliated Catholic women’s organizations in parishes and dioceses throughout the U.S., representing hundreds of thousands of Catholic women, and almost 3,000 individual Catholic women.
- We are Catholic women’s groups (called affiliates) at the parish, deanery/vicariate and Arch/diocesan Council levels.
- We are Catholic women who hold Individual Membership with NCCW.
- NCCW is a member of the World Union of Catholic Women’s Organizations (WUCWO).
- We are recognized by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB).
- We are active participants in partnerships with other Catholic groups.
Who We Are…
- A voice for American Catholic women today
- Transforms the world through prayer and action
- Unites more than 3,000 affiliated Catholic women’s groups, and nearly 3,000 individual Catholic women in the United States
- Supports social action through Gospel values
- Trains Catholic women to become leaders at the intersection of Church and society
- Provides a forum for Catholic women to speak and act on matters of mutual interest
- Represents U.S. Catholic women in the national and international arenas
The National Council of Catholic Women acts through its members to support, empower and educate all Catholic women in spirituality, leadership and service. NCCW programs respond with Gospel values to the needs of the Church and society in the modern world.
For more information about NCCW, please visit nccw.org